Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 7: Spa Day

When I heard we were going to a spa, I would of never thought it would be nearly as nice as it was. There were many pools, complementary food and beverages, and even a soccer field that we got to use. We started our day there with a little bit of lunch when we arrived. Since we are in Chile, we were fed some empanadas, which I was not a huge fan of. The empanadas I get near the hotel I enjoy much more. But my day was only going to get better. We than decided to play some 5v5 soccer. This was one of the most fun things on the trip so far. We split up into three teams: two from pitt plus three and one with the Chilean students. Games were to two goals and I ended up playing around eight games. In the beginning we always lost our games but out of the last four games, my team won two and I even scored a couple of goals. The Chileans were just so tired from winning and staying on that I am pretty sure they let us win though. This was a sport that they grew up with and it was very fun to play this with them since it is such a huge part of their culture. I can see why they are so passionate about it too, all it takes is a ball and a few sticks and you can get a full game going. We were than given time before we ate to do whatever we want in the spa. I ended up just lying down for a while until we were invited in to eat. The food was buffet style and was so good. We also drank Pisco sours which is an alcohol that is native to Chile and very popular here. They say it tastes close to whisky. The Chileans like to mix it with everything: cola, sprite, lemon juice, you name it. After dinner a couple of American and Chilean students and I went to the shop to buy a swim cap so that we could go swimming in the indoor pool. The outdoor pools were freezing but I jumped into one but had to get out since I never got used to it. After we left the spa we went right to one of the professors house where he gave us Cristals and mini hot dogs. They were great and this was a great time bonding with the other students from both universities. This was a great, great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment