Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 11: Free morning and Paintball

Since we are done with all of our company visits and university lectures, the last few days are just for fun. Even though the first days were great, it has gotten better. We had the morning to ourselves so I ended up sleeping in until around 11:30. Originally I was planning on going to the local market in the morning, but this trip has been so busy those extra hours really did help me. Instead I woke up and went to the beach with a bunch of my peers. It was so nice just sitting on the sand and talking with my friends. After we left the relaxing beach, Mike and I went to the grocery store and bought a chicken. A fully cooked whole chicken. We then proceeded to get lost in Vina, but we finally got back about a half hour after we should of. We took our private bus to paintball and this field was nothing like I have ever seen before. It looked like where the Chilean army would train. It was just mounds and brush everywhere. It was still a great moment, but I just wish my gun didn't break towards the end. A bunch of us are going out to try the Chilean-Chinese food and I feel like this will be a good experience. This trip has been great and I do not want the next couple nights to go by as quickly as the first section did. We also plan to go out tonight to the same place we went to last Wednesday. A difference I've noticed, maybe because I'm not 21, is that the bars are always crowded and even on a Wednesday night there will be a lot of Chileans there having a good time. Drinking is a big part of their culture and even the professor that works with us have given us money for drinks and let us have an outdoor party at his own residence. Hey, I am not one to complain about this difference in culture, I have been having a very nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment